Children of the '80's like me may remember the song "I Don't Like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats. This song was based on a woman in Europe who went on a random killing spree. When asked why she did it, she replied, "I don't like Mondays." I was recently reminded of this story, and it made me realize that I need to curb my Monday negativity. It was one thing when I was just Garfield trying to sleep late in my box under the window; I don't want to be anything worse!
So, I'm going to start listing 5 things I like on Mondays. These things don't have anything to do with Mondays per se; I just want to feel better about the start of another week.
This week's good things:
1. Johnny Depp is working on a movie based on "Dark Shadows," and he plans to play romantic "campire" (campy vampire) Barnabas Collins. I could only be happier about this if it were 1991 and Mr. Depp was reuniting the original cast of the revival series to resolve that blasted cliffhanger! What happened next?? What??? My joy is only somewhat lessened by the knowledge that Depp has been working on this project for several years, but I understand Tim Burton is now slated to direct, so I'm picturing a great hybrid of old Dracula movies and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I wonder if Sondheim is busy, we could have a heck of a musical picture...
2. Casting for the movie version of "New Moon" continues, and they're actually getting some good actors to take some of the pivotal secondary roles. I'm quite excited. Aro, the leader of the Volturi, is going to be played by Michael Sheen, who was "Frost" in "Frost-Nixon" and Tony Blair in "The Queen." Dakota Fanning has been confirmed as Jane. I'm hoping someone from the cast of High School Musical joins next...though if that happens, I may lose consciousness.
3. The "Rock Of Love Bus" reunion show went relatively well, and "Daisy of Love" premiers next week, so my IQ can continue dropping at the VH-1 approved rate.
4. I have received several compliments on the way I look today, and several of them didn't feature that incredulous, "Wow, I had no idea you people ever left the swamp" undertone I love so well.
5. I found a crab finger puppet this weekend, so the octopus one won't be so lonely.
There! I did it. Five good things this Monday. Bring on the rest of the week.
Woman High On Painkillers Thinks George Clooney Performed Her Medical Procedure - Painkiller-induced ramblings after surgery have been a wellspring of viral videos for years, but this one is even more surreal than usual. Emily Young was ...
1 day ago