1. Maintain weight. Do you know how amazing it is to not write, "Lose weight?" For the first time in my ENTIRE LIFE, I am at an appropriate and healthy weight for my height. I have gained 2-4 pounds over the holidays, though, so I do not want to take anything for granted.
2. Wear high heels more. I'm an upwardly mobile career woman. I ought to be able to walk in heels.
3. Run a half-marathon. You'll all be pleased to know that Sven laughed out loud when I told him this one, then said, "Sorry, were you actually serious?" Aw yeah. It's on now.
4. Clean my house. I want to not only get my house clean; I want to organize things so cleaning is easier. We've lived in this house since May of 2004; it might be time to go through the boxes I just shoved in a closet and throw some things out.
5. Spend time with those I love. I want to spend time with my family, but I also want to get together with my friends more.
7. Write more. I want to really write this year. Looking back on 2011 has revealed to me that I did precious little "real" writing; I edited stuff I'd written before, but that was about it. I want to really dedicate some time to writing this year.
8. Spend more time with my husband. Sven and I need some grown-up time. We've had two date nights now, thanks to Momz, and I really want to keep it up! I find myself forgetting that, yes, I had a relationship with this man for almost 12 years before we had children.
9. Continuing Education: I want to start on my master's degree this year. Even one class would be a start!
10. Positivity: I want 2012 to be about what can happen instead of what can't. I want to see the good in every situation. I want to look at myself and like what I see.
Happy New Year everyone! What are your resolutions?