Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer, ah summer...



I am a public school teacher. I teach music for grades K-5. At work, I try to adhere to the high standards of my profession. (See figure below.)



Friday was our last day. Now is the time when I get to "let my hair down," so to speak. Until 2005, my lifestyle changed drastically each summer. (See figure below.)


What happened in 2005 to change this relaxed, Transylvanian lifestyle? (See figure below.)



And again, in 2007, my wings were clipped even further. (See figure below.)

Farewell to the days of sleeping until 10:00 a.m., eating microwave popcorn or cold pizza for breakfast, and wearing the same clothes all day. I became a mom. We all know where this ends. (See figure below.)

But, being the kind of upbeat, go-get-'em gal that I am, I prefer to list the positive things that being a mom has added to my summer:

1. I am no longer in danger of missing a single episode of Spongebob Squarepants. I strongly identify with Patrick. He's good people. (See figure below.)

2. I now officially have an excuse to buy clay, chalk, watercolors, felt, and glue. It's for the children.

3. I now officially have an excuse to eat peanut butter every day. Sven can roll his eyes all he wants.

4. I now officially have an excuse to have a membership to the zoo, and can visit weekly, if I so desire. (See figure below.)

5. Kool-Aid.

I think I got a great deal.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yes, yes you did. You can probably not shower for 4 days, like me, and have a good excuse.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Wait, wait, wait. Am I looking at a picture of the family in this last shot? Oh, my friend, you are getting so brave with your posts. How lovely they are!

Now, what does a girl have to do to see a picture of you? :)

Oh, and thanks a bunch for the Patrick pic. Totally made me laugh.

xoxo

Francesca

The Domestic Flunky said...

Wow! So much for a still-single girl to look forward to! (PS: I don't drink Kool Aide, but I practically subsist on a diet of nothing but Icee Pops and minni-corn dogs during my summer break!) Oh... and who doesn't love the zoo?!?

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I can sooooooooo relate!!!
I'm not even sure I can sleep in anymore. :)

Boy Mom said...

My boys sleep until 10:00 AM or later, would love cold pizza and microwave popcorn for breakfast and, never let me miss an episode of Sponge Bob. Keep working with your youngsters, they can be trained.

Sven is Cute!

Debbie said...

Yes, you are living life to the fullest now!