Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HOB WARS! (With lots of pictures)

As I have stated in my blog before, I enjoy several completely harmless, non-adulterous crushes.  These crushes are enjoyable pastimes, and nothing more.  However, as is often the case with me, my personal, harmless hobbies are being blown up into pop culture phenomena.

I am speaking, of course, of the Cougar trend.  "Cougar" has become the media term-of-the-moment for an "older" woman with a "younger" man.  Famous married couple Ashton Kutcher, 6, and Demi Moore, 97, are the poster couple for this very current trend:


While I am in no way a "cougar" I can proudly claim the less well-known but infinitely classier title of HOB, as defined by Joel McHale of The Soup as Horny Old Broad.  (I mean "horny" in the classiest way.)  One of my high school friends, Cassie, with whom I have been catching up via Facebook, commented on one of my previous posters that, while she shared one of her own minor HOB crushes with me, most of her HOB crushes were different.  That gave me the idea:  HOB wars!

Our first match-up: Harry Potter vs. Edward Cullen, AKA Daniel Radcliffe vs. Rob Pattinson.

We'll start with the photos:
In character:



Being themselves:



Just for fun, together in the same movie:



The Winner: Has to be Edward/Rob!  Come on, people!!  But it sure was a fun match-up.

Round II: The War of the Sidekicks
The Weasley Twins vs. Emmett and Jasper
The Weasleys:



(In character)


(Out of character, working the dark hair)

Emmett and Jasper:

(In character, with the ladies)

(The Real Emmett.  Yum.  My.)


(The real Jasper.  He's so pretty, it hurts a little.)

The Winner:  You know I'm going for my Twilight guys, but I'll admit that the twins are getting pretty cute.

Round III: Most Baffling HOB Fodder:
This was easy for me.  Corbin Blue, from High School Musical:


vs. The Jonas Brothers


The Winner: The Jonas Brothers, but, my friends, please remember: when the Jonas Brothers win, everyone loses.

Such is life.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So funny! My brother lives down the street from the Jonas Brother's parents. It was big news in their Texas town!

Cassie said...

I'm so honored to be mentioned on the Folksy Musin's! Oh those Weasley twins...they just get cuter and cuter as the Harry Potter series continues. I'm a little bummed to see that the red hair isn't natural, but they are still h-o-t!

I agree that the Jo Bros are cute, but I'm not sure about their music.

PS...my blog address is actually www.troutnewsom.blogspot.com

:)

Cassie said...

By the way...I love the picture of Ashton and Demi! They sure make a sweet pair :)

Deb said...

Cassie, so sorry about the mistake! It's fixed now!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've been reading your blog for awhile now, and eagerly anticipate new ones, but this one...wow.

THOSE ARE CHILDREN DEB!

Want me to invite Sven fishing so you can go see JoBro at the rodeo?

Deb said...

Don't judge me. They're very pretty. I'd love to teach each and every one of them a piano lesson, and nothing more.

Except Rob. Rob's fair game. And the dude playing Emmett looks very mature...

Barbaloot said...

Whatever---Jonas Brothers are coming to Stadium of Fire and I'm way excited:)

And I definitely agree with the Rob, Emmett/Jasper wins. Especially Emmett. I kind of want to marry him.

Barbaloot said...

Oh, and also; I love Joel McHale with all my heart!

Debbie said...

How funny! I consider myself to be a little cougarish with Orlando:)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Great post, Deb! I loved looking through the photos. I had never seen the Weasleys without red hair. Gotta say, not too shabby. :)