To combat this plague upon our society, I would like to propose my own award show, along the lines of the People's Choice, but instead of picking the best, we will pick the worst. Fortunately, 2009 offered us an abundance of things to loathe, so this will be a real challenge.
The nominees for Worst Musical Trend are:
- Dollar signs in one's name instead of "s"
- Having Kanye guest on your album
- Singing a duet with a legend, which only highlights one's own shortcomings
The nominees for Worst Television Show are:
- Jersey Shore
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey
- The Real Housewives of the O.C.
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta
Winner: All of us.
The nominees for Worst Human Being are:
- Carrie Prejean
- Donald Trump
- Perez Hilton
- The Kardashians
- Jon Gosselin
- Kate Gosselin
- Tiger Woods
As a result of a last-minute write in campaign
The nominees for Worst Corporate Mistake are:
[Nominations closed, this was a no-brainer.]
The nominees for Worst Award Show are:
The nominees for Worst Way to End This Entry are:
- My face-in-a-hole picture of me with Rob Pattinson
- A retelling of the time Momz was entertaining us at the mall with straws in her nose, then realized that she was in public and several people were openly staring at her.
- A lengthy description of Princess' latest escapades, in which I make it clear that she is the most gifted child in the world ever.
- At least until I get to Dexy, who is clearly equally gifted, as evidenced by his ability to appreciate the humor in flatulence, both his own and others'.
(Please feel free to leave me your suggestions for other categories and nominees!)