Monday, February 23, 2009

Random Musings

I was watching Vh-1 recently, and a video came on that has since been in heavy rotation. It's a song called "Let's Dance" by an artist going by the name of Lady Gaga. I never thought I'd use the phrase "poor man's Christina Aguilera," but it fits here. The substance of the song is about that lovely time in every young woman's life, when she's too drunk to realize she's no longer at a club but at someone's house, becoming intimate with a blow-up whale in a wading pool in the backyard. And people say the '80's are dead!

* * * * * * * *


I heard a rumor that Zac Efron, Justin Timberlake, and Rob Pattinson are supposedly teaming up to make a movie together. I am in pretty man heaven. However, the buzz from some of the blogs is that all isn't well on the set:
  1. Justin is upset that he doesn't get as much screen time as the "actors"
  2. Zac is upset that he isn't the lead
  3. Senor Sparklepuss is just trying to get the movie made and is sick of the drama

Yay, Sparklepuss. I have to say, though, seeing these three onscreen would be pretty cool, kind of like Clooney, Pitt, and Damon in "Ocean's 11" but for HOBs. However, I would caution all three about the whole "promising young actor" bit with two words:

  

Hayden Christensen.  That is all.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I hadn't realized how dependent I am on late-night cable. When we were out of town, our hotel room didn't have the following channels:

  • Bravo
  • Lifetime
  • Vh-1
  • E!
  • Comedy Central

Honestly! How do they expect me to sleep? Fortunately, HBO-14623512 was running Star Trek II: The Man Boobs of Khan, one of my favorite childhood movies. Unfortunately, it began at 1:00 a.m., meaning I was up until 3:00 watching it. Fortunately, no one else was awake, so I could heckle all I wanted. Unfortunately, my moist snorts of laughter awoke Sven and Sven Jr., so Spock's death scene and funeral were heckled only in my mind. I did get to heckle Checkov's earwig, though ("Sorry, Admeeral, I haven't been myself, this blood-soaked worm has been eating my brain...") as well as Kirstie Alley's unforgettable portrayal of Rebecca, the Vulcan bar owner who comes on board to get the Enterprise to turn a profit.

After Kahn had spat his dying declaration ("From hell's heart-ah, I stab-ah ah-thee!" Die........ and die) and Spock had been shot into oblivion, I found an old episode of Law and Order, which, though it predated talking pictures, was still compelling enough to keep me up for another hour. Ah, what I wouldn't have given for Lady Gaga right then, to soothe me to sleep with her music that I'm secretly convinced is a joke...

I love insomnia...

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head!

And while I love JT, not so much in love with t he other actors.

Yay for a new post!

Barbaloot said...

K-I am so glad you think Lady Gaga (seriously, what's with the name anyway?) looks like Christina. It freaks me out---and not in a good way.

Can't wait for the TimbEfroTtison movie!!