Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions update

One of the things I was most excited to work on in the New Year was my voice. Clearly, nature did not intend for me to do this, I have had a cough for a month and can't sing a note. So, score is now Anti-Deb Forces In the Universe 1, Deb 0.





I was also going to limit my Twilight reading. I'm fighting the urge to read Twilight like James fought Edward. That is, unsuccessfully, but with real effort.Unfortunately, I have limited my Twilight reading, in a way, by beginning a vampire novel of my own. I'm not sure this is an improvement. I don't get any points for this because it's really part of the same tree; I'm trying so hard not to write a rip-off of Twilight, and I don't think it is, but I doubt anyone else would say the same. We'll call it a wash, I'm still down by one point.




I was doing very well with the ASPCA commercial. I wasn't crying at all. Then, they switched songs on me. ADFITU 2, Deb 0.



Shaving my legs: this one's for me. I no longer feel guilty about letting my majestic tresses ripple oh-so-gently in the breeze. ADFITU 2, Deb 1.



Bonus points: Using my new iPod, I made some workout mixes that kept me on the treadmill for 35 minutes last night, and it (the treadmill) was on for most of that time. ADFITU 2, Deb 2.

You know what? For January 5, I'm not doing too badly.

6 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

2-2 sounds like a good deal to me! Don't you just love your ipod? :)

Deb said...

I love it so much it borders on the inappropriate. It's a purple nano 8G, and I cannot be separated from it, ever.

If I could get the dang earbuds to stay in place, I'd be much happier, though.

Kristina P. said...

I own an iPod and I have NEVER used it! I know! It's unAmerican!

Barbaloot said...

I just got an ipod, too! And I like it lots and lots.

I'll see what I can do about limiting the anti-Deb forces...

Camille said...

I love my I-pod..but I can't find it. Universe 1 Camille 0.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I love your scorecard with the universe. I might have to start one too. Definitely gives you the sense that there are some part of our daily lives where we can prevail.

Also, 35 minutes on the treadmill is definitely worth more than just 1 point. I think it deserves a bonus point too!

-Francesca