I love Christmas. Mostly I love the gifts. I love giving gifts, but I also love, love, LOVE getting gifts. Does that make me shallow? Possibly. If it does, I don't care, because I'm busy admiring my reflection in whatever surface is handy.
Each year Sven and I do the ritual dance known as "I Don't Know What To Get You For Christmas, Soul Mate." Seriously, we have been together almost nineteen years (almost half my life!) and he acts as though I am some unknowable mystery when it comes to gifts.
In truth, I'm pretty easy. I have a lot of things I like, and many of them are things I believe of which one cannot have too many. (That was exhausting. I'm going to eat a chocolate bar now.) Herewith, then, is my list of THINGS FOR WHICH I HAVE AN INFINITE APPETITE:
1. Jewelry. I love jewelry. Tacky, tasteful, real, imaginary, costume, subtle, sparkly, vintage, brand-new... I love it all. Give me jewelry and you will see a happy Deb.
2. Shoes. I own a lot of shoes but generally only wear one or two pairs 99% of the time. The others are for me to put on my feet and admire as I wobble from one end of the closet to the other, remembering why I don't wear cute shoes all the time.
3. Makeup. Namely lipstick, eye shadow, and nail color. I really don't think you can ever have enough. Sven disagrees, particularly about the nail color; he recently calculated that I have over 50 different nail polishes in my vintage plastic straw purse.
4. Purses. I love bags. Totes, clutches, hobo, cross-body, satchels, handbags... Keep 'em coming. I also love wallets and organizers.
5. Clothes. Pretty clothes? Forget about it. Enough said. Pajamas, socks, unmentionables... I love it.
6. Blankets & bedding.
7. Anything I have "Seen On TV." I'll try it all.
8. Anything made by Apple.
9. Books, TV shows, and movies about vampires. I'll take it all, from the laughably bad to the artistically implausible.
10. Money. You can never be too rich or too thin.
Not that I would know.
Suckered - “One guess who hit her brother.” (submitted by Lisa)
1 hour ago