Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Day With the Girls

As some of you may already know, I have patterned my life after Miss Vida Boheme from the film To Wong Foo: Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.





Aside from minor anatomical differences, I think I'm doing pretty well.  Since Princess is now five years old, I thought it was time for us to have Vida's patented "Day With the Girls."  First, we dressed in our best:







Our day consisted of an elegant lunch together at Saltgrass Steak House in Galveston:




We then went to a matinee of "The Nutcracker" at the 1894 Grand Opera House:




Princess in front of the Christmas tree


Princess in her seat


We were very close to the stage, so we could see everything.


Just the girls!


But remember, some of us are still only five!


It was a wonderful day.  For the record, Sven and Dexy had a very manly day, consisting of going to the movies ("Megamind"), eating junk food, and sleeping in the recliner.

Princess was jealous.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

A day I'm sure she will remember forever. You are looking great!

Boy Mom said...

Beautiful post! Girlie days are important. Princess is gorgeous and Deb, Hotty, Hot! Hot!!!

I'm a little jealous of the green bushes and comfy temp. Were buried under foots of snow.

Barbaloot said...

What a fun day! Add Megamind into what you and Princess did and it'd be a perfect day:)

Deb said...

Thanks, guys! I still don't see much of a difference, but everybody else says they do, so it must just be me. The sizes don't lie, though... Expect the "new wardrobe" post soon!!

Joy and Dennis said...

Looks like you two had a lot of fun, and I'm sure it was well deserved. And yes, my friend, there is a whole lotta you that is gone! And you look mahvalus!