The resemblance is truly terrifying. Once I begin to adopt the persona of Joan, I will be living the rock 'n' roll lifestyle I've always dreamed of.
1. The aforementioned black leather. Leather cuffs, leather necklaces, leather pants, leather shirts, leather hair accessories, leather shoes... Well, to be fair, I already wear leather shoes. The point is, I'm going to look amazing.
2. The reckless lifestyle. As anyone who has seen The Runaways knows, Joan Jett was a crazy, up-for-anything kind of girl who played a boys' game by her own rules and took no prisoners and lived life by her own rules and I'm tired. I plan to adopt her policy by recklessly popping breath mints after I finish my protein shakes. Rock on! And you're welcome.
3. Joan Jett wrote songs that defied authority and convention, like "Bad Reputation" and "Cherry Bomb." Though I intend to primarily focus on covering Joan's catalogue, I might try my hand at writing my own anti-establishment anthems, like "I Paid the Electric Bill Two Days Late" and "Going 42 in a 40 Zone." I will truly be one bad, bad rock 'n roll mother.
4. Superstar meltdowns. Trust me, I cannot wait to have one of those. Flinging bottles and baseless accusations at those who love me most? Awesome.
5. An unrepentant, dazzling middle age. Joan Jett is just as awesome today, at 50+, as she was at 20. Maybe even more so. I plan to age defiantly, with jet-black hair and amazing cheekbones. Maybe I'll get something pierced.
Just kidding, Mom.
A note about last entry: when I fly to Utah, I expect to see all of my bloggy friends who live within 150 miles. We will get tipsy on Diet Coke and ogle waiters, if that's all right with all of you. Clothing optional.