Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thievery!

Scene: Folksy House, Friday, 8:30 a.m.

Deb: So, what are we doing today?

Sven: Well, the carpets are still wet (note: Sven stayed up until 4 a.m. shampooing the carpet downstairs, hence the late wake-up time) so we need to get out of the house.

Deb: I've already given the kids a bath and they're dressed, but I need a shower.

Sven: Okay.

Deb: Can you check Dexy's diaper? (Turns on shower in bathroom)

Sven: Ew.

Deb: Well, you go change him while I shower.

Sven: (silence, pleading look)

Deb: Really?

Sven: It's so cold out there, and I'm so warm.

Deb: Sven, please-

Sven: All right, where's my pants?

Deb: Fine, I'll change him.

(Deb exits with Dexy.  She and Dexy have an involved conversation about poop, digestion, and the meaning of the words "disgusting" and "awful.")

Deb: (enters bedroom): Princess, where is your daddy?

Princess: He took your shower.

Deb: What?  (Races to bathroom.  Sven is in shower, singing happily.)

Princess: Told ya.

Deb: This will not be forgotten.

Fin.

1 comment:

Mummy McTavish said...

You've gotta stop peeking into my house in the mornings.

Crackin' me up!