In the hopes of saving you the 34 years it took me to arrive to these conclusions, I am listing them here for you.
1. If you are an optimist, you will be sad sometimes. If you are a pessimist, you will be sad all the time.
2. I have worked very hard for my happiness. But, some people work very hard at unhappiness. That is their right, as much as happiness is mine.
3. I can't fix anyone but me. Fortunately, there is a lot of work to be done.
4. Air freshener fools no one.
5. Watching cooking shows on TV does not make me a "foodie," any more than watching Project Runway makes me a fashion insider. When I refer to undercooked spaghetti as "a failure of execution," I am being pretentious and silly.
6. I do not need to apologize for taking time for me sometimes. But when I take that time, I need to do something with it that I will be happy about.
7. Just because I love my children doesn't mean I have to always like them. I usually do. Just not always.
8. The best thing I can teach my students is to love learning.
9. If I am going to complain about something, I should be willing to step up and take responsibility for it. If I don't want to do it myself, I should shut up and be grateful someone else has taken on the job.
10. I think too much.
Have a good day, everyone!